Join 34 other subscribers
- About Me My profile and links to my Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter
- Center for Climate and Energy Solutions The successor to the Pew Center on Global Climate Change.
- Climate Progress NYT columnist Tom Friedman called this “the indispensable blog”. I agree. Climate science, policy and solutions.
- Climate Reality Dedicated to unleashing a global cultural movement demanding action on the climate crisis.
- Inside Climate News Pulitzer prize-winning, non-profit, non-partisan news organization that covers clean energy, carbon energy, nuclear energy and environmental science.
- Recommended Reports, Articles, Websites, Books My recommended climate change resources. Suggestions welcome!
- Skeptical Science This website gets skeptical about global warming skepticism. Do their arguments have any scientific basis? What does the peer reviewed scientific literature say?
Category Archives: Systems Thinking
Climate Policy Engagement: Does Your Carbon Handprint Reduce or Increase Your Carbon Footprint?
We spend a lot of effort understanding and trying to reduce our carbon footprint. That’s great. But it’s also important to understand and optimize our carbon handprint, sometimes defined as the impact (positive or negative) we have on other’s carbon … Continue reading
Posted in Business, Carbon Management, Climate Change, Systems Thinking, Uncategorized Tagged climate change, Global Warming Leave a comment
Planting Seeds So Something Bigger Might Emerge
This is a re-blog of a really great interview with Kevin Anderson. It covers the Paris Climate Agreement, why most of us should hardly ever fly, and how change can happen in complex systems. Highly recommended reading! The Paris Agreement … Continue reading
Posted in Climate Change, Culture, Systems Thinking Leave a comment
Want Change? Include People, Process and Tools
In my 30+ years of working in and with many organizations, I have seen many attempts to change the way people do things. Some are successful, some fail. Systems thinking can give us insights on how to make change initiatives … Continue reading
Posted in Business, Carbon Management, Systems Thinking Leave a comment
Queen’s University Should Divest from Fossil Fuels
The Advisory Committee on Divestment of Fossil Fuels at Queen’s University asked for submissions concerning if the university should divest its pooled endowment fund and pooled investment fund from companies engaged in fossil fuel extraction and distribution. I offered the following … Continue reading
Posted in Carbon Management, Climate Change, Systems Thinking Tagged Canada, climate change Leave a comment
A Tale of Two Headlines: When is Switching to an Electric Car a Good Thing?
Imagine two headlines for a story about electric cars: Switching to an electric car isn’t always good for the environment Switching to an electric car would reduce carbon emissions for over 80% of Canadians CBC radio recently ran a story … Continue reading
Posted in Climate Change, Culture, Systems Thinking Tagged Canada, climate change, Culture 2 Comments